Friday, August 5, 2016

New immigrants - and the Fox family

When I examined all the versions of Winchester Farming, I came across a save game for the Pets edition that had about 20 families in it. 
I thought it might be useful to have some potential immigrants, so I saved them all to the library just in case.
Today I brought in the first of these families: the Bingsly family. The save game family consists of just an elderly couple, Waldo and Cara.


They started out living in the new hotel.

This is a lot that came with the IP version, and it was originally a resort. I decided to make it into a LN-style apartment. The 'hotel room' doors are now NPC doors. I like having a place for my service Sims to live.

The top floor is the apartment. For now, the Bingslys live there, until they find a vacant house.


There is a real resort in town. It's on the beach, and at the moment it's visited by some very odd-looking tourists.


Cara Bingsly visits some local bars. Waldo mainly goes fishing. 


It looks like they're settling in, but they do need to find a house.

* * *

On the other side of town the Fox family have been busy. Lynsay and Carlton's daughter Melissa is a toddler now, and very much a daddy's girl.



It actually started snowing while they were out at the fishing hole. By the time they got home, Carlton was freezing!

* * *

Lynsay needed to befriend one more cat for her Lifetime Wish. So I decided to see whether her two cats wanted to 'try for baby' in the new pet house, and they did.


Dinah gave birth to two kittens, Precious and Jewel. And of course it didn't take long for Lynsay to become best friends with both of them. So that's another Lifetime Wish accomplished.



* * *

Elsewhere in town Stacia McGovern got promoted again. She's now at Level 5 in Journalism, which is her fourth career, after Sports, Politics and Business. To get promoted she wrote a lot of negative reviews (since those seem to go over well with her editors and give her a bigger career boost).
So now she's achieved her Lifetime Wish, but she's made enemies of every venue in town. She even got an official notification from the diner that she was banned from ever eating there again!!


Stacia rolled the wish to join the Fortune Teller career, so that's where she is now. Once again starting at the bottom - I wonder whether she'll actually work her way up before she retires!

* * *
Meanwhile Ernest Thao is still trying to befriend a lot of dogs.


* * *

I made a new Lifespan mod and managed to accidentally delete the one I had previously. So now I'm using the same one I use for my other towns, but on the 'long' settings than 'epic'. This setting has 28 days in the year, which is the longest I've used yet for this Legacy. The advantage is that there will be room for four 7-day seasons a year. I'm having major problems setting the pet aging, though - the sliders seem to reset to something ridiculous every time I look, which is really annoying.

Both Regina Russell and Harmony Bernard are a bit over their max, so once I turn aging back on they will probably be the first to die. (Although Yves is only a week away from hitting the max, too.)


No comments:

Post a Comment