Thursday, April 19, 2012

Wedding, Move, Funeral...

I really wanted to see Terra married as well. I tried finding her a suitable NPC, but she doesn't get along with any of the ones I make her introduce herself to. Every time I leave her alone with one, she either gets into an argument or wanders off. Making enemies seems to come more naturally to her than finding lovers!

Then one day, on her day off, Terra meets the mail carrier, Jake Sommers. Somehow she manages to talk to him autonomously without getting into an argument, trying to scare him (because she's evil) or just getting distracted and walking off. It must be love.

Just to see how fast I could do this, I decided to switch to romantic interactions and rush through all of them hoping for the 'propose' action to come up.

They are married the very same day they meet - in the Thao family living room. The only witnesses were her parents, and Corey and Jesse.




For the time being, they move into Terra's old room. The family doesn't even have money for a trailer right now, and I don't want to sell more furniture.

* * *

So, what's happening on the other side of town? First of all, Yi Quan Kim is now a teenager. And the family has moved into a larger house.


He's still got a rebellious streak. He never really looks happy. I'm not sure whether it's in spite of this, or because of this, that his parents keep pestering me about more kids.

The Thao grandchildren (Julien Bernard and Dominic Mendez) are both toddlers now.

 


* * *

Chen Adams becomes a teenager a few days later. The family move to a new large trailer park (a Mesa Valley rendition of the Broke trailers from Riverview) in the middle of the desert.
They are hoping it will be an 'artist colony' in the future.





Chen has a girlfriend called Angelina Bundy. She's another NPC. She's also insane, but unlike his father, Victor, Chen doesn't creep out so easily.



Since she's homeless, I decided to move her in with the family so that I wouldn't lose her again. 



The Adams family settle down. Angelina gets her own trailer, and takes up sculpting.

* * *

By contrast, the Kim family settle into a house on the other side of town. It's large and luxurious, and they hope that they can fill it with a few more children.



* * *

While everyone is settling in, Jesse Adams dies. It comes as a surprise - mainly because old age seems to have creeped up on him while nobody was looking. (I hadn't even realized he'd passed the 'safe days'. I think he can't have been more than 192 or 193 days old (on the 190 day lifespan)).

Corey is distracted with grief.


She didn't expect her husband to die before her father (still going strong at 230 days or so…)


1 comment:

  1. Aw, those trailers are so great! (and I love Yi! My crush for *pixelated* rebellious teens! ;))

    ReplyDelete